H.O.P.E. Recovery and Discipleship
H.O.P.E. is a Bible-based addictions recovery and
discipleship ministry which meets each Wednesday
@ 6:00 PM. Whether you or someone you know
has been trapped by addiction, or desire personal discipleship to help you in your walk with the Lord
there is HOPE in Jesus Christ!
For more information you may call: 812-774-7643
What is the H.O.P.E. Program about?
- WE are a Bible-centered, faith-based recovery and discipleship program.
- WE offer a weekly discipleship program for those desiring to learn more about the Bible, and grow in the Lord.
- WE offer a weekly local support group.
- WE have a systematic approach to overcoming addictions.
- WE deal with ALL forms of addictions.
- WE offer free personal and family Biblical counseling.
- WE are a non-residential program, so your life doesn't stop while you break free.
- WE are a structured program with the flexibility to meet your personal needs.
- WE DO NOT CHARGE to attend the program.
Why choose the H.O.P.E. Program?
Simple…A Closer Walk. We want to be very clear. H.O.P.E. does not exist to compete with any other addiction recovery or discipleship program. We believe that other programs can and have helped many people. The purpose for this program is clear and simple. The H.O.P.E. program stands for "Helping Others Put off Entanglements." It is a program that exists to help people all over the world achieve real and lasting freedom from the devastation of any and all addictions in their lives. Galatians 5:1 is our key verse which says, “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”
There is only one proven way that can be demonstrated to have a 100% success rate when followed as directed. This way is through personally knowing Christ. Notice we did not say knowing about Christ. Nominally religious and non-religious people may reject this statement, but we invite you to experience for yourself the powerful and life-changing relationship that comes from following Christ through a closer walk. A closer walk will be achieved when an individual follows the relationship principles laid out in the Bible. These principles have been put in an easy to use format in the H.O.P.E. Program.
How does the H.O.P.E. Program work?
We are a weekly support group that focuses on God's answers to the addictions that we have become entangled with. H.O.P.E. is NOT a self-help group. It is a God-help group for those who are tired or trying every new philosophy that comes along and are seriously ready and willing to overcome their addictions. H.O.P.E. is also a discipleship program for those who desire to learn more about the Bible, and develop in their Christian walk.
The Bible Truths of H.O.P.E.
- Only God knows how to make life work
- God's Word is absolute truth
- Addictions come from committing sin.
- Sin comes from your heart.
- Sin destroys everything it touches.
- You can choose the sin, but you can't choose the consequences.
- Your sin affects other people.
- Confessions and repentance removes guilt and sin.
- A believer does not have to be bound by sin
- After removing addictions, you must replace them with godly actions.
- Holding on to anger and bitterness will hinder your life.
- The company you keep will influence you.
- Controlling speech help control the body.
- Freedom must be maintained.
- Pride produces spiritual failure.