H.O.P.E. Addictions Ministry
H.O.P.E. is a Bible-based addictions recovery ministry.
H.O.P.E. meets each Wednesday @ 6:30 PM. Whether
you or someone you know has been trapped by addiction, there is HOPE in Jesus Christ!
For more information you may call: 812-774-7643
What is the H.O.P.E. Program about?
- WE are a Bible-centered, faith-based addiction program.
- WE offer a weekly local support group.
- WE have a systematic approach to overcoming addictions.
- WE deal with ALL forms of addictions.
- WE offer free personal and family Biblical counseling.
- WE are a non-residential program, so your life doesn't stop while you break free.
- WE are a structured program with the flexibility to meet your personal needs.
- WE DO NOT CHARGE to attend the program.
Why choose the Lasting HOPE Program?
Simple…A Closer Walk. We want to be very clear. H.O.P.E. does not exist to compete with any other addictions program. We believe that other programs can and have helped many people. The purpose for this program is clear and simple. The H.O.P.E. program stands for "Helping Others Put off Entanglements." It is a program that exists to help people all over the world achieve real and lasting freedom from the devastation of any and all addictions in their lives. Galatians 5:1 is our key verse which says, “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”
There is only one proven way that can be demonstrated to have a 100% success rate when followed as directed. This way is through personally knowing Christ. Notice we did not say knowing about Christ. Nominally religious and non-religious people may reject this statement, but we invite you to experience for yourself the powerful and life-changing relationship that comes from following Christ through a closer walk. A closer walk will be achieved when an individual follows the relationship principles laid out in the Bible. These principles have been put in an easy to use format in the H.O.P.E. Program.
How does the HOPE Program work?
We are a weekly support group that focuses on God's answers to the addictions that we have become entangled with. H.O.P.E. is NOT a self-help group. It is a God-help group for those who are tired or trying every new philosophy that comes along and are seriously ready and willing to overcome their addictions. The weekly meeting is divided into three segments
1) In the READY segment we prepare ourselves to meet with God and each other by sharing testimonies and prayer requests. We also are introduced to the nights Bible truth with a short video.
2) In the SET segment, we go over the program material (Formula 4 Life) that we have worked on the previous week. We encourage people to work through this Bible-based material in order to put the ingredients into your life for victory over addictions. During this segment, we also share personal stories of victories from the week.
3) The GO segment lets us spend a little more time covering the Bible truth for the night as well as receiving awards for work completed in the Formula 4 Life book. Following the GO segment, the group is invited to the main auditorium for the mid-week Bible study by our pastor, Bro. Sam Robinson.
The Bible Truths of H.O.P.E.
- Only God knows how to make life work
- God's Word is absolute truth
- Addictions come from committing sin.
- Sin comes from your heart.
- Sin destroys everything it touches.
- You can choose the sin, but you can't choose the consequences.
- Your sin affects other people.
- Confessions and repentance removes guilt and sin.
- A believer does not have to be bound by sin
- After removing addictions, you must replace them with godly actions.
- Holding on to anger and bitterness will hinder your life.
- The company you keep will influence you.
- Controlling speech help control the body.
- Freedom must be maintained.
- Pride produces spiritual failure.